Frankston is a Bayside council of Melbourne as well as a suburb itself with around 135,000 people residing there. It sits 40km or 25miles south-east from the centre of Melbourne and includes a varied mix of affluent areas as well as inexpensive and council housing. It has a mixed reputation with Frankston North renowned for drugs and crime and the south more wealthy and scenic with sweeping views of Port Phillip Bay and huge houses nestled into the hills.
You have heard about Frankston before on this podcast. Case 23, the Frankston serial killer. But before Paul Denyer, there was another serial killer hunting in Frankston…
Researched and written by the Host.
Greatly assisted in research and co-written by Anna at A.G.P Stories
1. ‘Flatline intro’ and ‘Come play with me’ intro and outro www.dl-sounds.com
(Warning: Contains spoilers)
– Tynong Nth Murders Channel 7 – The Channel 7 news report mentioned at the end of the podcast
– Underbelly 3 – by John Silverster and Andrew Rule (One chapter is dedicated to the Frankston and Tynong case)
– Suburban Nightmare, Australian True Crime Stories – by Emily Webb (One chapter is dedicated to the Frankston and Tynong case)
– Frankston has one of the highest rates of crime in Victoria – Herald Sun
– Six women murdered but still no conviction – The Sydney Morning Herald
– Retired detectives back in the hunt – The Age
– Tynong North Murders – Big Footy
– Does Frankston deserve its mixed reputation? – Homely